Last Updated on February 18, 2021
Winkbeds is one of the most popular mattresses online and this Winkbeds Review can help you find out the main features of this bed along with all the pros and cons so that you can take a well-calculated decision with regards to buying this mattress online. You can have a $300 discount from the link provided below!
Winkbeds comes in a couple of models and firmness levels so that you can choose one accordingly. The main models include:
- Winkbed GravityLux
- Winkbed EcoCloud
Winkbeds Mattress Review
- Awarded as the best mattress for back pain.
- Comes in 3 models – Simple, Gravity Lux, & EcoCloud.
- 120 Nights Risk-Free Trials.
- Luxury Feel.
Winkbed is an excellent Hybrid that has been featured on NBC, CNET, Yahoo Tech, and Maxim. It is entirely made in the US and has been getting awesome user reviews. Its good quality for money and comes with a lifetime warranty which is a massive plus in its favor.
Let’s have a look at the Brand History before we delve deeper into the construction and other features of this mattress:
Winkbeds Brand History
Winkbeds is an out-and-out US brand that not only manufactures in the US but also uses all American materials in the construction. The company was established back in 2014 by its founder Dan Alder and since then it has made quite a name for itself within the mattresses industry. Each of its mattresses is handmade and crafted to perfection. All the mattresses have to go through strict quality tests before they are deemed ready for sale.
After being successful its high-quality mattresses, the company moved onto the Winkbeds Plus which are mattresses that are specifically suited for heavyweight people.
Winkbeds is a brand that is synonymous with high-quality hybrids but it has to meet stiff competition from some other brands on the market such as Dreamcloud that is known for its affordable range of luxurious hybrid models.
The Winkbeds is not just known for its mattresses but also for its great customer service.
Models and Firmness Variations
The Winkbeds comes in three main models and these include:
- Winkbed – This is a true and basic hybrid model.
- Winkbed Gravity Lux – This is an all-foam model.
- Winkbed EcoCloud – This is a latex hybrid model.
Winkbed is a brand that has something to offer for everyone. Its models come in various firmness levels that make them suitable for a wide range of sleepers.
Some of the firmness options available include the following:
It’s important to note here that the firmness options mentioned-above vary in terms of their construction in order to get the required feel. The Softer, Luxury Firm and Firmer options include layers of polyfoam and microcoils coupled with a pocketed coil core for support.
The PLUS version, on the other hand, is made with polyfoam, latex, and a pocketed coil core. So, it is a latex hybrid providing more support and adding durability to the mattress as a whole. It’s important to keep it in mind that heavy sleepers not only need more support but also require a sturdy mattress that can handle normal wear and tear over time so that they have a lasting lifespan.
In this Winkbeds Review, I’ve covered the Winkbed model and its various aspects.
Who is the Winkbeds Ideal for & Who Should Avoid it?
Before I get into the details of the construction of this mattress, let me sum up who can use this mattress and who are the people who should avoid it:
Winkbed is ideal for:
- All kinds of sleepers irrespective of their sleeping position or body weight.
- Hot sleepers can also choose this mattress since it offers a cool sleeping experience.
- People who sit or sleep near the perimeter or edge of the mattress.
- People that need a perfect of balance of bounce, motion isolation as well as pressure relief
- People looking for a mattress that can help relieve back pain. (In fact, the firm model of The Winkbed as been rated as the best mattress for bad back in 2021)
Winkbed is not the ideal choice for:
- People who need a closer hug
- Sleepers who find the firmness options too soft or too firm
What Firmness Level Should You Choose?
We need a table here: (just 2 columns)
Firmness Level: Suited for
Let’s talk about the construction of the Winkbed mattress according it its various firmness options.
As stated above, Winkbed comes in 4 different firmness variations that include Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and Plus. It is important to note that the construction and the materials used vary in these models.
What is common to each of these models is that they come with a Tencel cover. This is a natural fabric that is obtained from the eucalyptus tree and its main feature is that it helps dissipate excessive heat. Now, this is particularly great for those that sleep hot. In other words, the Tencel cover on top of the mattress helps you in getting a cool sleeping experience.
Soft Feel Construction:
This is a mattress that is particularly designed with side sleepers in mind. It’s perfect for those who want to experience how sleeping on a cloud feels like!
- The top layer of the Soft version is made up of a three-layer Euro-pillow Top which is highly effective in relieving pressure from the hips and shoulders. It is great for body contouring too.
- The second layer is made up of Mirco Air Springs. This is the layer that adds breathability to the mattress and provides effective temperature control.
- The third layer of this mattress comprises of a 2-inch thick special self-adjusting memory foam that is temperature neutral and also adds to pressure relief even if you sleep on your side. This layer also enhances body contouring.
- The next layer is made up of a 5-zoned individually wrapped coil system. This layer provides targeted support. What it means is that it pushes back in areas with greater pressure and it plies in areas with lighter pressure.
Luxury Firm Construction:
This is the most popular model from Winkbed. It is not just the right one for hotels but is also the one that offers a perfect balance between contouring, comfort, and pushback support.
- The top layer is made up of a Medium-firm Euro-pillow top. This is a two-layer Euro-pillow top that not only relieves pressure from shoulders, hips, and back but also provides the right amount of cushioning to the body.
- The second layer comprises of Mirco Air Springs, just like the soft feel version above. It ensures perfect sleep temperature all night long.
- The next layer is a 7- zone individually wrapped coil system which is unlike most of the other brands on the market. It provides targeted back support by pushing back in areas with greater pressure.
This is the model that is suitable for people who want to sleep on the mattress rather than sleep in the mattress. It comes with a firm Euro-pillow top and has a 7-zone support coil system. It’s a perfect choice for those who want a firm rather than a hard mattress.
- The top layer consists of a Euro-pillow top that gives your back, hips, and shoulder supportive cushioning and the feel that you are sleeping on top of the mattress.
- The second layer, as in the other models, is made up of Mirco Air Springs that are highly breathable and allow better ventilation. This layer ensures temperature regulation throughout the night so that you can sleep cool.
- The third layer is made up of a 7 zone coil system that provides amazing support to the back. It comes with just the right firmness so that it pushes back in areas with extra pressure and plies in areas with lighter pressure.
Here. it’s important to note that this model provides good pressure relief while maintaining a supportive firm feel. It’s not as hard to make you feel like you are sleeping on the rack.
This is the mattress that is specifically manufactured for people in the heavier weight range. I would like to point out here that this mattress has been acclaimed as America’s no. 1 mattress for heavyweight people by a lot of independent review sites.
- The top layer of this model comprises of Body-Impression Proof foam – It is made with high-density foam cushioning so as to prevent any kind of sag. The foam used in this layer is at least 50% more firm than the standard foam used in other innerspring mattresses.
- The second layer of this model comprises of 2.5 inches thick 7 zoned pure latex. This pure latex not only increases the firmness of this mattress better than other brands on the market. This latex layer comes with an open-cell design to dissipate maximum heat from the body.
- The next layer is made up of a Patented 3-Zone TexasQUAD individually wrapped support coil which is perfectly suited for heavy people. What makes it unique and stand apart is that every 4 coils are banded together and reinforced to ensure ultimate support and durability.
Features that are Common to All Firmness Levels:
- 3-Step Back Relief System – This is very effective for spine alignment and it also helps eliminate muscle tension.
- LumberLayer – This is a layer that has been added for extra support to the lower back.
- Triple Layer Heat Disperse Material – It helps dissipate heat away from the body so that you do not sweat while sleeping.
- ExtraEDGE Support System – All the models of Winkbed come with at least 15% more sleepable area due to enhanced edge support.
- SleepCalm Motion Isolation – This feature helps isolate movement very effectively so that you are not disturbed when your partner changes position or moves in or out of the bed.
All the models of the Winkbed handle motion quite well, but is it the Soft version that handles it better than any other model.
As explained above Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm options come with a Euro-pillow top along with multiple layers of polyfoam. Now the Soft version comes with an extra transition layer of polyfoam enabling it to absorb more motion as compared to other variations.
Multiple layers of polyfoam help all the variations absorb a significant amount of motion and is capable of limiting vibrations from traveling across the surface of the mattress. Below the Euro-pillow top layer is a layer of pocketed microcoils that can give the mattress some bounce but since these are individually pocketed, very little motion transfer takes place.
Now, as far as the PLUS version is concerned, polyfoam and latex layers are able to absorb motion to a large extent, however not as effective as the Soft version does.
The support system of all the versions is made up of a pocketed innerspring coil which can add to bounce but since this is a pocketed coil system, motion transfer is minimized. Thus, there’s hardly any motion transfer occurring from the core of the mattress.
It can be aptly said that all the versions of the Winked handle motion transfer effectively and this makes them a perfect choice for those who sleep with a partner, a large pet, or kids.
One of the standard features of hybrid mattresses is that it can help provide pressure relief to a large extent and the Winkbed performs well in this aspect too.
Let’s have a look…
As far as Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm versions are concerned, they come with a pillow top and a layer of microcoils that helps to cradle the body of the sleeper. This greatly helps in relieving pressure from heavy and wider body parts such as your shoulders and hips. In other words, it helps redistribute body weight over the surface of the mattress.
The PLUS version, on the other hand, handles pressure relief through a layer of polyfoam coupled with another layer of latex. It’s important to note that while polyfoam helps relieve pressure, the latex layer helps in spreading the weight of the sleeper’s body over the mattress. Latex is highly effective in redistributing body weight and it is not uncommon for sleepers to experience a floating sensation when sleeping on a latex mattress.
Over and above, all the firmness options come with zoned coil support which helps in proper alignment of the spine. Zoned support ensures that heavy body parts do not sink excessively into the mattress which might result in misalignment of the spine.
All in all, Winkbed performs quite well when it comes to pressure relief.
Another major aspect to check out before you buy a mattress is whether it is able to regulate temperature or not. Certain mattresses can make you sleep hot leading to a lot of sweating. This, of course, can disturb your sleep.
Generally, hybrid mattresses are supposed to be more breathable as compared to all-foam mattresses which are known to trap heat.
Winkbed is no different when it comes to handling temperature control. It is one of the finest hybrids on the market and can help you stay cool and comfortable through the night.
Let’s have a look at how Winked regulates temperature…
Tencel Cover – To begin with, all firmness options come with a Tencel cover on top of the mattress. Tencel is a fabric that is made from the pulp of eucalyptus tree that is highly breathable. It helps wick away heat from your body so that you sleep cool throughout the night.
Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm variations – These firmness variations of the Winked mattress come with pillow tops that are made with gel-infused polyfoam. This polyfoam helps redistributed your body’s heat rather than trapping it.
In addition to this, the micro-coils allow better ventilation and air circulation so as to get rid of the body’s heat.
PLUS version – This version of the Winkbed uses polyfoam and a layer of latex. Polyfoam does not trap as much heat as memory foam does. Not just the Latex used in the construction comes with an open-cell structure which makes it highly breathable. Thus, by allowing better air circulation it prevents any kind of heat build-up.
Last, but not the least, all the versions use a strong innerspring coil core which allows good air circulation and helps keep your mattress cool.
Usually, Hubrid mattresses come with study edges but Winkbed tends to outperform most brands with extra supportive perimeter.
All the versions of the Winkbed mattress come with an Extra-Edge support system. In this design, narrow coils run through the perimeter of the mattress to make it sturdier and also ensures better reinforcement.
What it means is that you feel more secure and you are able to use the entire surface area of the mattress for sleeping, even that which is close to the edges.
While Firm, Luxury Firm, and Plus versions are likely to have very strong Edge Support, the Soft version might lag behind a little because of its medium-soft feel. Having said that, it is still likely to be better than other mattresses on the market.
Ease of Movement
The Winkbed mattresses tend to perform better than other hybrids when it comes to ease of movement. Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm versions come with polyfoam and microcoils in the comfort layers. Now, it is important to note that these make the mattress quite responsive by making the mattress return to its original shape quickly after the sleeper changes his position or moves on the mattress.
This ensures better movement than most other brands on the market especially in the case of mattresses that are made with memory foam.
The Soft version, though is likely to offer more resistance because of an extra layer of transition polyfoam.
The Winkbed mattress is supposed to be great for sex since all the versions have a good bounce. Not just this, they also rate high on ease of movement.
Soft, Luxury Firm and the Firm versions have two layers of coils – micro coils in the comfort layer and coil in the support core. This gives these versions a good bounce making them great for having sex.
In the PLUS version, micro coil is replaced with latex which also provides a good bounce.
Thus, Winkbeds is one of the best choices when it comes to having sex since it provides a springy surface.
Even though all the versions are conducive to having sex, the Soft version is likely to have more sink which makes it the least suitable for having sex. But still, it is better than other brands on the market.
- Handcrafted in the US – One of the massive plus points of Winkbed is that each and every mattress is handcrafted in the US with all American materials.
- Trial Period – It comes with a NO Risk, Sweet Sleep, 12o Nights Guarantee so that if you are not happy with the mattresses or feel it is not the right choice for you then you can return it and have all your money back.
- Warranty – Winkbed is covered with a lifetime full replacement warranty.
- Shipping – Shipping is FREE all over the US. It comes as a mattress in a box.
Winkbeds Review – Overall Ratings
Even though I have reviewed many mattresses, Winkbed is the one that really impresses me. It comes with various versions and can suit the needs and requirements of a vast majority of sleepers irrespective of their sleeping position and weight. It is only those that want a better hug like that of memory foam may look for other alternatives.
All in all, Winkbed is a good mattress that comes with a generous Sleep Trial period and a lifetime warranty. Click on the button below to buy Winkbed from the official Winkbeds site: