Last Updated on February 18, 2021
If you have been looking for Puffy Mattress Reviews 2021, I can safely presume that you are looking for a mattress that is a notch above the rest in comfort, pressure relief, and other features.
It’s not for nothing that Puffy comes with the slogan – Sleeping on a Cloud!
Puffy is out and out a luxury brand that has been featured on Ellen Degeneres Show. This kind of gives it a unique distinction. More importantly, it comes with technologically advanced features as far as its construction is concerned so that it can suit a wide range of sleepers irrespective of their sleeping positions and body weight.
- Puffy Mattress Reviews
- Puffy Mattress
- Puffy Brand History
- Who is the Puffy Ideal for?
- Construction of the Mattress
- Firmness – How Much Does Puffy Rate on Firmness Scale?
- Motion Isolation
- Pressure Relief
- Temperature Control
- Edge Support
- Ease of Movement
- Other Considerations
- Puffy Reviews – Overall Ratings
- What is Puffy Lux?
- What is Puffy Royal?
- PUFFY Vs PUFFY LUX Vs PUFFY ROYAL:
Puffy Mattress Reviews
- Over 8000, 5 Star Reviews
- Featured on Ellen Degeneres
- Comes in 3 models – Puffy, Puffy Lux & Puffy Royal
- 101 Nights Sleep Trials
AMERICA’S MOST COMFORTABLE MATTRESS THAT FEELS LIKE SLEEPING ON A CLOUD!!!
This review of the Puffy mattress inspects it in terms of its construction and various other features that include temperature regulation, firmness, motion isolation, ease of movement, pressure relief, price, etc.
But before we delve into the details, let’s have a quick preview of the company and its brand history.
Puffy Brand History
Launched in 2017, Puffy is backed with years of research and development, tests, trials to help people, particularly those that have back pain sleep with better comfort. It is a complete sleep system that takes care of problems that most sleepers experience as soon as they hit their bed every night.
The manufacturing unit of Puffy is in the US and each of its mattresses is CertiPUR-US® Certified.
In addition to the normal Puffy, the company also sells Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal. These are two products that are for elite customers who want better than the best.
Puffy, as a company, indulges in a couple of social causes and is known to donate mattresses to needy kids.
Who is the Puffy Ideal for?
Before I get into detail, let’s sum up for whom this mattress is a perfect choice.
Puffy is an ideal choice for:
- Side Sleepers who are lightweight or weigh less than 130 pounds
- Sleepers who are great fans of the hug feel of the memory foam or who prefer more contouring.
- People who want to have a mattress that is extremely silent and does not make any noise.
Construction of the Mattress
The first and foremost aspect covered in this Puffy Review 2021 is its construction or how the mattress has been manufactured…
The unmistakable feature of the Puffy is its soft, cushiony feel or the hug that memory foam mattresses are famous for. This mattress with its multiple layers of foam tends to capitalize on this aspect and is loved by people who prefer the sensation of being hugged and want to sleep in the mattress rather than on it!
- The top comfort layer of the Puffy is made up of gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer is the one that provides cushioning and it cradles the body. Gel infusion in this layer is highly effective at temperature regulation. One of the downsides of memory foam is that it traps heat and can be a problem for hot sleepers. It can make them sweat a lot.
- The second layer beneath that memory foam layer is constituted of a 2″ thick Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. It is important to note that this transitional layer is firmer than the comfort layer and at the same time it is softer than the support layers beneath it.
- The main purpose of such a layer is to add support as well as cushioning. Such a layer can help the sleeper experience contouring without getting sunk too deep into the mattress.
- The transition layer also ensures good spine alignment and reduces pressure points. While it relieves pressure from shoulders and hips, it adds support to the midsection to ensure balance and proper spine alignment. This is why Puffy is a great choice for side sleepers.
- Beneath the transition layer is the 6-inch base layer that consists of a high-density polyfoam. The main purpose of this layer is to give support to the sleeper, irrespective of his sleeping position. Overall, Puffy is a Medium firmness mattress.
It is worth noting that Puffy as a mattress of medium firmness is a great choice for people who weigh less than 130 pounds. Not just this, it also supports side sleepers in the weight range of 130-230 pounds.
Firmness – How Much Does Puffy Rate on Firmness Scale?
Initially, the Puffy was rated at 5 out of 10 on the Firmness scale but that was before the addition of a transitional layer of polyfoam. A good company tends to upgrade its products according to customer reviews and feedback and this is what holds true of the Puffy too.
It has added a transitional layer of polyfoam to increase the firmness of the bed and now it rates at 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale. What it means is that it is now a Medium Firm mattress.
When you press your hand into the mattress, you are likely to experience initial compression because of the top layer of memory foam but as soon as your hand reaches the transitional layer of polyfoam, your hand won’t sink any further. What it means is that the Puffy will provide initial sinkage and give you a hug feel and this is going to be followed by strong support and spine alignment and you won’t feel stuck in the bed.
Based on this, Puffy is the ideal choice for side sleepers who require something softer to protect their hips and shoulders. At the same time, this is a mattress that ensures easy movement without the sleeper experiencing any kind of “stuck in” feeling.
However, Puffy is not recommended for stomach sleepers. This is because they need firmer support so as to prevent their hips from getting sunk into the mattress. As a result, they are likely to experience back pain. Having said that, if you are a combination sleeper or if you roll off on your stomach while sleeping for a short period of time, you will still get enough support. You can also use a firm mattress topper on top of the Puffy to get the desired support.
One of the biggest plus points of the Puffy is that it excels in isolating movement. What it means is that when movement occurs on any one part of the mattress, it is well-isolated and it does not travel to other parts of the mattress. What it also means is that if your partner shifts/moves/changes position while sleeping you do not get disturbed since the movement is completely isolated. Your partner may even roll-off or move out of the bed without you getting disturbed.
Here, I would like to point out that memory foam and polyfoam are well known to be great in this aspect of isolating movement as compared to other materials such as springs and coils.
Another appealing feature of the Puffy is pressure relief. One of the most important factors in selecting a mattress is the level of pressure relief offered by it. What it means is that your mattress should help reduce pressure certain points in your body such as your shoulders and hips so that you do not develop pain and Puffy is a mattress that works great at relieving pressure.
Memory foam layers on top of the Puffy takes care of this and they help provide just the right amount of cushioning and conforming so as to relieve pressure. This is why Puffy is an excellent choice for side sleepers. They can sleep in comfort and wake up fresh in the morning without experiencing any kind of stiffness or soreness.
Multiple layers of foam are highly effective in relieving pressure and eliminating pressure points. This is why Puffy is one of the best mattresses for sciatica.
Yet another parameter to examine while reviewing a mattress is temperature control or regulation. Many people feel hot while sleeping and sweat a lot. Of course, this can disturb your sleep and wake you up in the middle of the night making you feel restless. Many foam mattresses are known to trap heat and Puffy is also a mattress that has multiple layers of foam in it.
What it means is that it is eventually going to lack temperature control. Having said that, the top layer of the mattress comes with gel infusion to keep the mattress cool and I must say that it works well to a certain degree and should satisfy a majority of sleepers.
But again, if you are someone who sleeps really hot, then you should look for some other mattress that comes with Graphite or Copper infusions. There are some great alternatives available for such people.
What do you expect from a foam mattress when it comes to edge support?
The only answer, I would say, is that foam mattresses do not provide strong edge support. Innerspring or hybrid mattresses are the ones that provide good edge support
So, how does the Puffy perform as far as edge support is concerned?
To be honest, Puffy performs quite well and much better than a host of memory foam mattresses. When you sit on the edge, you might feel the perimeter sinking a bit but you are likely to experience some bounce-back and substantial reinforcement.
One of the most important factors to take into account is your body weight in this account. People who tip the scales at more than 230 pounds, will sink more into the mattress as compared to those who weigh less.
The Puffy, however, has worked upon this featured and the new redesign now makes it a mattress that offers better edge support and overall sleeping experience.
Ease of Movement
Puffy is an all-foam mattress and as a result, it is likely to offer a great hug. What it means is that too much of conforming can pose a limit to ease of movement.
Let me explain a bit…
When you sleep on a foam mattress, it hugs your body and when you move out, an impression of the body remains there for some time. This impression wipes out after some time and tends to limit movement while it is still there.
It is important to keep in mind that innerspring or coil mattresses, hybrids, and latex mattresses get back to normal or bounce back quickly which makes movement easier. Such mattresses are more responsive and do not conform to the body as much as a foam mattress.
When you sleep on the Puffy, you are likely to experience less ease of movement.
Having said that, a lot of sleepers prefer the hug feel of a foam mattress and they are ready to sacrifice ease of movement. For such people, Puffy is an excellent choice.
As far as sex is concerned, a mattress that is springier and more responsive, is supposed to be the best choice for couples. Since Puffy is an all conforming mattress which is not so responsive, it is not likely to be the best choice for sexually active couples. Since this is a mattress with a lot of contour it can make moving around on top of the bed a bit difficult and as a result, couples are likely to be better off with a mattress that allows better movement.
However, one of the features that go in its favor is that it is a completely silent mattress and this is a feature that might make it an appealing option to sexually active couples. I would like to point out that innerspring or even hybrid mattresses may produce squeaking sounds when the sleeper moves on them. Too much noise can be quite embarrassing for couples and they may drop the prospect of opting for an innerspring or hybrid mattress.
Availability – Puffy can be bought only online. The company does not have a brick and mortar store and neither does it sell through other parties such as Amazon. All you need to do is just visit www.puffy.com and order your favorite mattress.
Shipping – Puffy comes as a mattress in the box with standard shipping throughout the US. However, people ordering from Alaska and Hawaii have to pay a shipping fee. There is no international shipping of this mattress.
As soon as the order is placed, the process gets activated and your mattress gets shipped in 1-3 days.
Mattress Set Up – There is no white-glove service provided by the company to set up the mattress, whether free or paid. You need to set it up yourself. However, it is very simple to do and all you have to do is just unbox the mattress and put it on your bed.
Sleep Trial – Puffy comes with a 101-night sleep trial. However, before you can initiate a return you are required to have used the mattresses for at least 14 days so that you get enough time to try it out.
How to return Puffy mattress?
If you are not happy with the mattress you can return it within 101 nights and you can get a full refund on it. You are not required to pay any additional charges for return shipping. Puffy follows the policy of donating mattresses that are returned and they arrange for pick up accordingly.
Warranty – What if you have some complaints with your Puffy mattress?
The Puffy is a mattress that comes with a lifetime warranty. If you are happy with the mattress and decide to keep it with you, then the company provides you a lifetime warranty.
What it means is that if your mattress requires to be repaired or even replaced, the company will do it free of charge provided all the warranty conditions are met. Thus, it is important to check out the warranty conditions before you buy the mattress.
Puffy Products – Puffy includes a wide range of products and models. For instance, you can choose from Puffy, Puffy Lux, or Puffy Royal. While Puffy is available as a memory foam mattress, Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal have hybrid models too. Moreover, you can choose from twin mattresses, twin XL, Queen Size, King Size, and California King Size.
Furthermore, you can also buy Puffy bed frames, adjustable base and foundation. You also have the choice of buying Puffy pillows and beddings.
Puffy Reviews – Overall Ratings
What is Puffy Lux?
Puffy comes in 3 models and Puffy Lux is one of the top models being sold online. Some of the distinct features of Puffy Lux include the following:
- Like the Puffy, Puffy Lux is also an all-foam mattress that comes as a mattress in a box.
- Puffy Lux is a little bit different in construction as compared to the Puffy and this is because it comes with an extra layer of foam added to it. With an extra layer of foam, Puffy Lux ensures even more sinkage as well as pressure relief.
- Puffy Lux is an even better choice for side sleepers who require softer beds so as to support their shoulders and hips.
- Another added benefit is that Puffy Lux comes with a stain-resistant cover to protect your mattress from all kinds of spill stains etc. All you need to do is just wipe off any food spills immediately and it will remain as white as ever. This is a zip-and-wash cover so that you easily remove it and wash it easily every few months.
- Puffy Lux, however, is expensive as compared to Puffy and the Queen size comes for $1495.
- Puffy Lux is available in Hybrid model too wherein the base layer consists of coil or innerspring.
What is Puffy Royal?
Puffy Royal is the top-end model from the Puffy. Some of its distinct features can be summed up as follows:
- Puffy Royal is a 14-inch tall mattress with multiple layers of foam. At the top of the mattress is a 1.5-inch foam layer that comes infused with cooling beads to ensures the ultimate cool sleeping experience. No sweat!
- Exclusive to Puffy Royal is another 1.5-inch thick premium foam layer to make is extra responsive and offer even more pressure relief so that you wake up rejuvenated every morning.
- This mattress, with 5 layers of foam comes with sectional cloud technology and offers zoned support so that it is softer under your head, neck, shoulders, and feet. Not just this, it also provides enhanced support to the spine.
- Yet another exclusive feature of Puffy Royal is that the fourth layer comes with an advanced SMT design to allow better airflow and breathability. It not only helps regulate the temperature throughout the year but also helps you sleep cool.
- Puffy Royal is not just a great choice for side sleepers but suits back and stomach sleepers as well.
- Since it is a premium mattress, it comes with a higher price tag. At $2395 for Queen Size, Puffy Royal might look expensive but is a good investment for many years.
- Puffy Royal is available in Hybrid model as well wherein the base layer is made up of coil or innerspring.
PUFFY Vs PUFFY LUX Vs PUFFY ROYAL:
Compare 3 of them and choose the best one for you, you can also claim a huge discount from our website on this fall sale & buy it.
|Features||Puffy||Puffy Lux||Puffy Royal|
|Extra Foam Layer||x||✓||✓|
|Stain Resistant Cover||x||✓||✓|
|Thick Premium Foam Layer||x||x||✓|
|Hybrid Model (Memory Foam + Coil)||✓||✓||✓|
|SMT Design in 4th layer (Better Breathability)||x||x||✓|
|Price (Queen Size)||$1150||$1795||$2695|
Puffy is a great choice for people looking for an all-foam mattress. It has featured on Ellen Degeneres which certainly adds to its appeal and credibility. This is a mattress that offers excellent pressure relief and motion isolation and other variations – Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal are also great additions.
If you are a side sleeper and you are looking for a mattress that offers good pressure relief, I would recommend that you try Puffy out!