Last Updated on February 18, 2021
Since you are checking this Nectar Mattress Review, I can safely presume that you are really fond of memory foam mattresses. Nectar Mattress is out and out a mattress that comes with multiple layers of memory foam and offers a great deal of comfort to those who prefer a great hug.
In this Nectar Mattress Review 2021, we’ll find out how Nectar rates in terms of construction, comfort, temperature control, pressure relief, ease of movement.
- Nectar Memory Foam Mattress Review
- Mattress Performance
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress Review
Before anything else here’s a little snapshot of the brand history…
- Ultimate Memory Foam Mattress
- Offers a Deep Hug
- Excellent Pressure Relief
- Tencel Cover Allows Good Airflow
- Great Valur for Money
Nectar is one of the most sought after brands in the mattress industry today and it is considered one of the best mattresses in the box.
Nectar Sleep – Brand History
Nectar Sleep is a company that was founded in 2017 and so it can be said that it is not a very old concern but in this short period it has made quite a name for itself and its mattresses are highly preferred by those seeking the comfort of memory foam. Nectar bed reviews clearly indicate that it is one of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
Initially, the company launched the Original Nectar Mattress and since then it has added another model which is known as Nectar Lush. Not just this, it has also launched a range of adjustable bases, sheets, pillows, weighted blankets, and many other products.
Who is the Nectar Ideal for?
There are different kinds of sleepers with respect to their sleeping positions and body weight. Not just this, certain people are hot sleepers and they have particular requirements as far as a mattress is concerned.
So, let’s find out for whom Nectar is the best suited for?
Nectar is an ideal mattress for:
- Memory Foam Lovers – If you are someone who prefers to sleep in the mattress with it hugging your body, then Nectar is just the right mattress for you. It comes with the classic feel of a memory foam mattress coupled with certain modern features to make your sleeping experience even more comfortable.
- People Seeking Pressure Relief – It’s also a perfect choice for people who suffer from achy joints and stiff muscles and seek a mattress that can help relieve pressure as they sleep.
- Good Value Mattress – One of the massive plus points that go in favor of the Nectar mattress is that it offers great value of money. It is comfortable to sleep in and does not burn a hole in your pocket. So, if you are looking for a mattress that is easy on your pocket and helps you sleep comfortably then Nectar is the apt choice for you.
Construction of the Nectar
The first aspect that this Nectar Mattress Review covers is its construction so as to help you understand what goes beneath its Tencel cover to make your sleep as comfortable as possible.
Let’s delve a bit deeper into it…
Nectar is an 11-inch mattress made up of multiple layers of memory foam.
- First and foremost, the mattress comes covered in a Tencel cover. Tencel is an eco-friendly fabric that is highly breathable and allows good air circulation to allow proper temperature regulation. Moreover, this cover is removable so that you can machine wash it. Not just this, it also makes spot cleaning easy and convenient.
- The first layer beneath the cover constitutes a 3-inch thick Gel Infused memory foam. The main benefit of this layer is that it is highly effective in providing a cool sleeping experience. Another benefit is that it helps spread out your weight around the mattress so that you do not feel lumps or sleep hot.
- Next comes the adaptive response transition layer. This layer not only has a much quicker response time. Not just this, it also has a firmer feel to it as compared to the top layer. What it means is that it provides support to the body and eases out the transition from comfort layers to the supportive base beneath it.
- The base layer constitutes 5.5 inches thick memory foam to provide sturdy support to the body. It also adds durability to the mattress.
- Last but not the least, Nectar comes with a bottom mattress cover. This ensures that the mattress does not slip on the bed frame or on the floor.
Let’s find out how Nectar rates according to its various features…
This is an area where Nectar simply excels. It has multiple layers of foam on top of each other that absorb movement so well that even the lightest sleepers are likely to get impressed with the degree of motion isolation that this mattress offers.
People that sleep with a partner, children, or a large pet will find that they are not disturbed in their sleep because of their partner, kid of the pet moving or changing position while sleeping. Even though motion isolation is generally good in memory foam mattresses, Nectar performs exceptionally as far as this feature is concerned.
This is an area in which Nectar performs well again. It is a mattress that is rated as Medium-firm as far as its firmness level is concerned. What it means is that offers just the right amount of comfort to a wide range of sleepers. What is even more interesting is that even lightweight sleepers are likely to feel their bodies are well cradled within the foams and that they experience uniform sinkage and excellent pressure relief.
Read More: Best Hard Mattresses of 2021
The foam in the comfort layers provides excellent contouring to your body. In other words, the foam conforms exactly to your body shape leaving no gap in between your body and the bed. What it means is that it does not put pressure on curves or the main pressure points in your body that include hips and shoulders. Thus, it provides amazing pressure relief to the sleeper.
Nectar is an all-foam mattress that provides a “deep hug” to the body and it is a perfect choice for people who want to sleep in the bed or those looking for the classic hug-feel!
Having said that, it is important to note that the foams are quite responsive and that they allow you to easily change positions so that you do not feel stuck in the bed. However, it lacks when it comes to bounce but then memory foam mattresses are known to lack in this feature.
Memory foam tends to offer close contouring to your body and it is likely to trap heat. This can make you sleep hot and even sweat while sleeping. This is a common problem with memory foam mattresses.
However, Nectar uses certain features to help you sleep as comfortably as possible while ensuring minimum heat retention.
First of all, Nectar mattress comes covered with a Tencel cover. This cover ensures better airflow and makes it more breathable. This allows heat to dissipate.
But this is not all!
The top foam layer or the comfort layer comes with gel-infusion to take heat away from the sleeper’s body so that he does not feel hot. Moreover, the second layer within the comfort layers is also gel-infused to wick away body heat.
These are some of the main features that make Nectar cooler than most of the other memory foam mattresses on the market. It can certainly help you sleep cooler but it might nit be the right choice for people who really sleep hot.
You need to keep two things in mind here. First of all, mattresses in a box don’t usually excel when it comes to edge support since they are made from foams that are compressed and packed in boxes before shipping. Secondly, all-foam mattresses usually do not have reinforced edges.
Now, let’s see how Nectar fares as far as edge support is concerned.
Nectar simply beats the competition as far as edge support is concerned when it is compared to other memory foam mattresses sold online.
- For a memory foam mattress, the edge-to-edge support that the Nectar provides is pretty consistent. This makes it a great choice for singles who want to spread out as well as for couples who need more space.
- Secondly and more importantly, the perimeter of the mattress sinks less and this is what makes it more secure especially for people who weigh less than 230 lbs.
Ease of Movement
One of the problems with memory foam mattresses is that they are not as responsive as other materials like innerspring or coil. Not just this, a lot of people find that they feel stuck in the bed because of the sinkage that they experience in a memory foam mattress. In other words, moving around on a bed with memory foam can be quite a challenge.
However, Nectar is a mattress that performs far better than most of the other memory foam mattresses and the main reason behind this is that it comes with an Adaptive Hi-core memory foam transition layer that not only makes the mattress recover its shape quickly but also gives the Nectar more bounce. In simple words, both these features make it easier for the sleeper to move on the bed.
Having said that, it is important to keep in mind that the mattress still offers body contouring or the hug and some people may find it somewhat difficult to change positions.
Sexually active couples want their mattress to have a good bounce. Now, memory foam mattresses do not have a bounce in them and this is why they are not a preferred choice for lovers. It is usually innerspring mattresses that come with a great bounce.
Even though Nectar is not very springy, it comes with a transition layer that adds a little bit of bounce to it. This kind of gives it an edge over other memory foam mattresses on the market.
One thing, however, that goes in its favor is that it is a practically noiseless or silent mattress which is what couples want in order to stay discreet.
Usually, memory foam mattresses emit Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s) that produce an odor or a smell. This smell usually lasts for a few days and is often referred to as the “new mattress smell”. One of the best ways to get rid of it is to leave the mattress in a well-ventilated room with all the windows open.
Nectar seems to produce very little of these odors which are known to dissipate much faster as compared to other memory foam mattresses.
Availability – Nectar is a brand that is sold widely online through its official website. It is also available at Amazon. Not just this, it is also available at 1000 furniture stores across the US.
Shipping – When you order Nectar mattress through its official website, the company ships it to you free of all charges within the contiguous United States. However, it adds shipping charges in case you want to get it in Alaska and Hawaii.
The mattress usually comes compresses in a box through Fedex Ground and you are responsible for unpacking and setting up the mattress.
Additional Services – Even though you can set up the mattress yourself, you can also opt for white glove delivery that can cost you $149 extra. This service includes setting up the mattress as well as the removal of the old mattress.
In case, you choose to buy other additional stuff from the Nectar such as a foundation or a frame, you will have to pay an additional charge of $45 per item for setting up.
Sleep Trial – When you choose the buy the Nectar mattress directly from its official website, you get a 365-nights sleep trial. This is the longest sleep trial offered by any mattress company online.
However, in order to avail this trial, you must use the mattress for at least 30 days after which you can request a refund if you are not happy with the mattress or feel that it is not the right choice for you.
Usually, the company provides a full refund and also arranges for the return without charging you a single buck.
Warranty – If you decide to keep the mattress, it comes covered with a lifetime warranty. However, you must check out the condition properly before you make the purchase. If you have any complaints in the first 10 years of the purchase, the company will replace your mattress.
After a period of 10 years, it’s up to the company whether it decides to repair or replace your mattress.
Nectar Mattress Dimensions – Nectar mattress comes in various sizes and dimensions which are listed below:
- Nectar King Size Mattress – 76″ X 90″ X 11″
- Nectar California King Size Mattress – 72″ X 84″ X 11″
- Nectar Queen Size Mattress – 60″ X 80″ X 11″
- Nectar Full Size Mattress – 54″ X 75″ X 11″
- Nectar Twin XL Mattress – 38″ X 80″ X 11″
- Nectar Twin Mattress – 38″ X 75″ X 11″
Nectar Mattress Rating
Nectar Mattress Cost – Price & Best Offers
One of the most appealing features of the Nectar Memory Foam mattress is its competitive price. In comparison to other brands like Casper and Purple, it costs much less and is easier on your pocket. Having said, that it is one of the few mattresses that come with a 365-nights long sleep trial.
The prices of various models are listed below:
- Queen Size comes for just $799 PLUS accessories and nectar bedding worth $399 which include 2 cooling pillows, 1 sheet set and 1 mattress protector PLUS FREE SHIPPING – Click Here to Order NOW!
- King Size comes for just $999 PLUS accessories worth $399 which include 2 cooling pillows, 1 sheet set and 1 mattress protector PLUS FREE SHIPPING – Click Here to Order NOW!
- California King Size comes for just $999 PLUS accessories worth $399 which include 2 cooling pillows, 1 sheet set and 1 mattress protector PLUS FREE SHIPPING – Click Here to Order NOW!
- Full size comes for just $699 PLUS accessories worth $399 which include 2 cooling pillows, 1 sheet set and 1 mattress protector PLUS FREE SHIPPING – Click Here to Order NOW!
The Twin size comes for just $499 and Twin XL for $569. These sizes include freebies worth $299 and FREE Shipping.
The Nectar is a highly popular mattress for its many features, the most prominent, being its hug-feel and amazing pressure relief. It comes at an affordable price which makes it even more appealing. Its a perfect choice for side sleepers and those that seek motion isolation. So, if you are one of those, go ahead and experience the magic of this mattress!