Last Updated on February 10, 2021
Looking for the best mattresses 2021?
If so, you are at the right place. I have listed top-rated mattresses in 2021 here so that you can choose one that is just right for you with regards to your sleeping position, bodyweight, and other preferences that you might have.
Buying a mattress is an important decision since you could be spending hundreds of dollars and you should be able to buy one that is durable, comfortable, and lasts for at least a couple of years.
You should be able to choose one that offers good support, relieves pressure, allows ease of movement, provides good contouring, regulates temperature well, and helps you sleep cool.
Over and above, those who suffer from certain issues such as back and neck pain should also be able to get a mattress that takes care of their concerns.
Additionally, your mattress should come with a generous sleep trial and warranty.
- List of Best Mattresses 2021
- Best Mattress 2021 Reviews
- Best Beds of 2021 (According to Sleeping Position)
- Best Mattress in 2021 (Material and Type)
- What to Look for in a Mattress?
- How Firm Should Your Mattress Be in 2021?
- Sleeping Positions and How They Matter
- Mattress Company Pricing and Policies
List of Best Mattresses 2021
Even though there are hundreds of best mattresses 2021 in the market each claiming to be the comfiest, it is just a few that are actually good and worth your money. Here is a list of some of the best bed in a box 2021 that you can order online and that can be delivered to your doorstep in a box. These rankings are based on the mattress’s user ratings, quality, comfort, & price.
Yes! These are some of the top-selling mattresses in a box!
- Best Overall Mattress: PUFFY
- Best Cheap Mattress: NECTAR
- Best Firm Mattress: WINKBEDS
- Best Cooling Mattress: BROOKLYN AURORA
- Best Hybrid Mattress: DREAMCLOUD PREMIER
- Best Memory Foam Mattress: LAYLA MEMORY FOAM
- Best Pressure Relief Mattress: NOLAH
- Best Adjustable Mattress: SAATVA SOLAIRE
- Best Organic Mattress: ECO TERRA
- Best Eco-Friendly Mattress: PLUSHBEDS
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers: IDLE SLEEP GEL FOAM
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers: ZENHAVEN FROM SAATVA
- Best Mattress for Stomach Sleepers: PURPLE HYBRID PREMIER
Best Mattress 2021 Reviews
Let’s check out the main features, pros and cons of all the mattresses mentioned above so that you can choose one that best suits your needs..
- Amazing Pressure Relief
- Great Choice for Side Sleepers
- Offers Good Back Support
- 101-Nights Sleep Trial
- Lifetime Warranty
Nothing compares to puffy when it comes to comfort which aptly comes with the tag – Feels like Sleeping on the Cloud! Often called America’s most comfortable mattress, Puffy has been featured on the Ellen Degeneres show.
- Effective temperature control – is cool to touch and does not absorb heat.
- Comes with a hypoallergenic cover so that dust, mites, and other allergens do not enter the mattress.
- Puffy’s Cooling Cloud™ & Firm Core Support foam supports your back as you change positions throughout the night, provides amazing support throughout.
- Keeps your spine aligned throughout the night to eliminate pressure points.
- Comes with a stain-resistant cover that can be easily cleaned if you spill something over it.
- Comes with a forever warranty – Yes! you heard it right. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It is designed to work with any frame or surface whether it be a box spring, flat frame, slat, or even an adjustable frame.
- Comes with a 101 Night Trial.
- The only flip side I can think of is that it can be slightly expensive but then all good things come with a price tag. Moreover, spending a few dollars extra can save you from investing in a mattress, again and again, every couple of years.
- There are some mattresses that come with more than 101-night trials but then 100 nights are simply more than enough to find out if the mattress is really comfortable or not.
Puffy is undoubtedly an excellent choice and there are many reasons behind this. Some of them being great quality and complete manufacturing in the US to ensure top-notch quality.
It comes with a Cooling Gel Cloud Layer which makes it breathable and optimized for temperature control.
Some of the various sizes available in each of the above 3 variations include Queen, King, Twin, Twin X, Full, and Cal King. Moreover, financing is available so that you can buy it on EMIs.
If you are looking for a mattress in the box, there can be nothing better than this. It is certainly worthy of being an op of the list of best mattresses 2021 and actual user reviews clearly indicate that.
- Offers a Great Hug
- Regulates Temperature Well
- Good Edge Support
- 365-Nights Sleep Trial
- Forever Warranty
Nectar is the high-end mattress that can help you get the effect as if the mattress is hugging your body and more importantly, it keeps you cool as well. So, it’s a double whammy when you get Nectar!
- Comes with gel foam for cooling.
- Ensures excellent motion isolation – This is an amazing feature and is particularly helpful if you sleep with a partner, children, or a large pet since it distributes weight throughout the mattress.
- Provides excellent edge support which is not very common in the case of bed-in-a-box mattresses.
- The mattress adjusts into the bed frame very nicely.
- Comes with 365 Nights Sleep Trial.
- Includes Free Shipping in the US.
- Comes with a Lifetime Warranty.
- Though there are not many complaints, Nectar is not the ideal choice for stomach sleepers since such people require firmer support.
- Another likely complaint could be that it is not a very bouncy bed and may not be the perfect choice for people who want extra bounce in their bed.
Getting back to its main features, Nectar is a 5 layer mattress to help you experience ultimate comfort when you hit the bed after a long day of hard work.
- These 5 layers begin with a bottom mattress cover so that your mattress fixes perfectly into the frame.
- On top of the cover is the firm mattress as the base.
- Over it is the Adaptive Responsive Transition layer which adds support so that you do not experience that sinking feeling into quicksand.
- The next layer is made up of Gel Memory Foam which is highly effective at distributing your weight over the mattress so that you do not feel hot or feel lumps
- The topmost layer constitutes Quilted Cooling Tencel Mattress Cover which gives you a soft and airy feel.
I must say that I am quite impressed with the quality process and features of this mattress.
Nectar is a good value for money. It’s not just great on comfort but is also backed with 365 nights trial so that you can get all your money refunded if you are not happy with the mattress. There’s nothing that can match this deal, especially in 2021.
- Highly Popular Hybrid
- Tencel Cover Ensures Breathability
- Great Choice for Combo Sleepers
- 120-Nights Sleep Trial
- 50% Off Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
Next in the series of best bed mattresses of 2021 is the Winkbeds. This is an established brand with the mattresses being manufactured in a facility in the US.
- This is essentially a hybrid construction. What it means is that coil-on-coil construction ensures good bounce so that you can easily switch positions while sleeping. Over and above, the extra cushion provides great support to pressure points.
- This mattress provides an unmistakable classic, bouncy feel which senior customers are likely to prefer and enjoy. This is especially so because most of the seniors are not really comfortable with many mattress-in-a-box options.
- It’s a great choice for back sleepers as well since dual coil construction provides great support to people of all sizes.
- If you are someone who sweats a lot while sleeping, this is just the right mattress for you because of its comfort layers that are highly breathable and ensure great ventilation to keep you cool even when the nights are really warm.
- It comes with a 120 nights trial which is more than enough for you to find out if the mattress is right for you or not.
- Not just this, it also comes with a 50% off lifetime replacement guarantee. I don’t think any other brand provides you with such an offer.
- The only flip side that I can think of is that it does not provide as much sinkage as memory foam does.
This is the mattress has been given a 5-star rating by the New York Times’ Wirecutter, which goes on to mention:
The Winkbeds is the fluffiest-feeling medium-firm mattress we’ve tested!
Winkbeds is a handmade mattress with a facility in Wisconsin. It’s a perfect example of craftsmanship to ensure the ultimate comfort when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep.
Let’s have a look at the main features of this mattress:
- First of all, Winkbeds come in a hybrid design that blends the support of the coil with the comfort of the foam. It has a 3-step back relief system in place to ensure that your muscles are relaxed and joints are aligned. It also comes with a lumbar support pad to add extra comfort to your back.
- To ensure better ventilation and cooling it comes with a eucalyptus derived Tencel. It’s important to note that this Tencel is proven to work better as compared to that made from linen and this gives it an edge over most other brands on the market.
- Finally, it comes with a unique foam-based surface to provide pressure relief for all sleep positions. Furthermore, you get the option to choose the firmness level that you want when you make your purchase.
So far, so good!
Winkbeds is a great choice for combo sleepers. If you are one, this is what you should opt for.
- Highly Breathable
- Great Pressure relief
- Uses Copperflex with Titalcool
- 365 Nights Sleep Trial
Another important mattress that deserves a mention on this list of best online mattresses of 2021 is the Brooklyn Aurora.
- This is a great option particularly for people who want to sleep cool. If you want to experience the chill at night, this is the mattress that you should opt for.
- Now, this is a mattress that rates high on the softness quotient. What it means is that it is supposed to be a great option for side sleepers since it can provide great pressure relief at the shoulders, hips, and lower back.
- Over and above, this mattress is simply great in terms of motion transfer so you can sleep well with your partner, kids, or pet.
- It comes with a 120-night trial and has a 10-year warranty.
- One of the main negatives is that it does not provide enough edge support. Now, this can create a problem for people who are too heavy.
- Since it is quite soft, it is not the ideal choice for people who are stomach sleepers for the main reason that they would want their spine to be in a neutral line and would also prefer firmer support.
- Unlike some of the other brands, it does not come with a lifetime warranty or a 365 nights trial. Other than that, there’s not much negative that can be said about it.
What makes it unique is its cooling features in multiple layers. When you compare a couple of brands you will find that it is one of the coolest mattresses on the market and is a great choice for people who sweat a lot.
Brooklyn Bedding has its manufacturing facility in Phoenix, Arizona and it would not be wrong to say that the company is well-versed with hot conditions and that the company has put its knowledge to the right use.
What’s Unique In Brooklyn Aurora?
- The top layer is made up of advanced cooling fabric to ensure a cool touch in the first contact.
- The second layer from the top consists of patented Copperflex with Titalcool. This is a layer that is highly effective in drawing excessive heat away from the body.
- The third layer is made up of Titanflex foam. This is a hyper-elastic foam that adjusts to your body each and every time you change your position in the bed.
- Memory foam constitutes the layer beneath Titanflex foam to ensure deep compression support along with extra cooling effect.
- Beneath the memory foam is the 8″ inch ascension coil that allows better reactivity, motion isolation to minimize sleep disturbance.
- At the very bottom of the mattress is a 1-inch thick foam layer which adds durability to the mattress
It is a clear winner for people who are looking for a cool, comfortable, and softest mattress. So, if you want to experience the real chill and want to avoid night sweating this is the mattress that you should be opting for.
- Excellent Pressure Relief
- Great for Back Sleepers
- Suits Heavy Sleepers, Couples Too
- 365-Nights Sleep Trial
- Lifetime Warranty
Another important mattress that deserves a mention on this list of best online mattresses of 2021 is the Brooklyn Aurora.
- This quality mattress is a perfect choice for people who are back sleepers.
- It is excellent for ensuring pressure relief.
- It is one of the few mattresses that come with an 8-inch coil. This ensures great support even for heavier sleepers and may even align the spine while sleeping.
- It is a great choice for couples too. Even though it’s not really bouncy, the heavy coiling is great for couples who are quite active in between the sheets.
- Another positive is that it comes with a 365 nights trial.
- It’s not the ideal choice for side sleepers since they might find it somewhat lacking in softness. Such people should rather look for a mattress that is soft enough to provide pressure relief for shoulders and hips.
- While side sleepers might find it too firm, stomach sleepers are likely to find it too soft. This is because most such sleepers prefer firmer mattresses that are great for aligning hips and shoulders and this is where this bed might be lacking.
The first thing that strikes you about Dreamclod Premier is that it is 15 inches thick. It’s quite surprising how a 15-inch mattress comes packed in a box right at your doorstep. But I guess, all this is possible because of 6 layers of premium foam, memory material, and individually wrapped coils.
Let’s check out the main features of Dreamcloud that happen to be one of the best mattresses brands in 2021:
- The topmost layer or the cover of the mattress is made up of high-quality Mangolian Cashmere to give an ultra-soft touch and lightweight wicking and cooling.
- The second layer constitutes memory foam to ensure a cozy, breathable, and cloud-like mattress topper.
- The third layer is made up of gel memory foam in order to provide pressure relief so as to help you fall asleep quickly.
- The fourth layer is made up of supportive foam that reduces motion transfer.
- The next layer in the construction of this mattress consists of individually encased coils with double-row rim to ensure good edge support.
- Last, but not least, the bottom layer is made up of a porous foam base.
Dreamcloud Premier is a great choice for people who are not looking for much bounce in their beds. It comes with a couple of variations and a lifetime warranty.
- Great Contouring or Hugging
- Suits Side (Soft Side) and Back Sleepers (Firm Side)
- Low Motion Transfer
- 120-Nights Sleep Trial
- Lifetime Warranty
Layla is a flippable mattress that is soft from one and firm from the other side. This is the perfect match for physically active people.
- It is a perfect option for those who love the memory foam. If you love getting sunk into your bed along with contour hugging, this is the mattress that has been made for you.
- While side sleepers can choose the soft side, back sleepers can choose the firm side.
- This mattress has low motion transfer so you can sleep well with your partner without being affected by the movement of your partner.
- One thing, however, that it lacks in is the bounce. If you are looking for a bed that has a good bounce, then this is not the right choice for you.
- Likewise, it is also not really suitable for heavier people who sink into the bed. Such folks would require a bed that is firmer and offers more support.
- As compared to other mattresses, it comes with a 120 nights trial. Even though it is more than enough to check out if its good for you or not, as compared to other mattresses the trial period is quite limited.
This is a flippable mattress. Yes! You actually buy two mattresses in one when you purchase Layla!
It is one of the main reasons why it’s featured on the list of best value mattresses of 2021.
But, what is a flippable mattress?
Let me explain…
Layla is a mattress that is double-sided – one being soft and the other being firm. So, if you want to sleep on a soft mattress, you can use it from one side, and if you want to use a firmer one you can use it from the other side.
Let’s have a look at its construction and other main features:
- This is a perfect choice for people who are physically active. With the soft side being on top it can be highly effective at relieving pressure from all the heavy points for your body. Secondly, with a firm base, it can provide the necessary support to ensure that your spine is neutrally aligned.
- Another category of people for which it is an amazing choice is those that sweat a lot. The memory foam of this mattress consists of copper gel. Now, the copper particles in this gel are supposed to be superconductive. What it means is that they carry the heat away from the body real quick so that you can have a cool sleeping experience. This new advancement in the field of mattresses makes Layla much more cooler as compared to other mattresses that use conventional memory foams.
- Hesitant Shoppers – This is also a great choice for those who are not able to make up their minds whether they want to opt for a soft mattress or a firm one. Such people can choose from either side of the mattress according to what they like to sleep upon. In addition to this, you also get a 120 nights trial to make up your mind.
This mattress is suitable for both side sleepers and back sleepers who prefer the soft side of the mattress. While the firm side is just a great option for stomach sleepers.
- Suits Lightweight, Medium Weight Sleepers
- Ideal for Side and Back Sleepers
- Great for Couples
- 120- Nights Sleep Trial
Nolah is a mattress that is specifically made for side sleepers. One of its most unique features is that it is highly effective at relieving pressure.
- Perfect for side sleepers and back sleepers.
- Lightweight sleepers also love this mattress.
- It is great for couples too since it has very low motion transfer.
- Another positive feature of this mattress is that it is great for sweaty sleepers as well since it can help you sleep cool.
- This mattress is not the right choice for heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers may also find it somewhat lacking in support.
- It is also not as bouncy as latex or innerspring mattress. Thus, if having a bouncy mattress is your priority then you should be looking for some other brand.
The upper layer consists of soft foam that helps relieve pressure from both hips and shoulders and provides ultimate comfort to people who prefer sleeping on their side.
I must mention here that Nolah is one of the few companies that donate a part of its profits to saving wildlife. They have partnered with Defenders of Wildlife that has been working to save the environment for over 70 years now.
Let’s have a look at some of the main features of this mattress:
- Pressure Relief – As mentioned above, Nolah does a better job at pressure relief as compared to other brands on the market. The topmost layer of this mattress is made up of Nolah AirFoam that is not just soft but also durable and malleable. What it means is that it conforms to the contours of your body and gently cradles it rather than make your body sink down into the bed while you are sleeping.
- Great Support – While Nolah is excellent when it comes to softness, it also provides enough support while you sleep. It comes with a 7-inch sturdy base to offer your spine enough support through the years.
- Great in Terms of Motion Isolation – Like most other mattresses, Nolah rates high when it comes to low motion transfer. It’s so good that there is virtually no motion transfer on this bed. This makes it great for sleeping with your partner, kids, or a large pet.
As mentioned above, Nolah is a great choice when it comes to side sleepers. Moreover, it comes with a 120 nights trial, giving you enough time to find out if it is right for you or not.
- 50 Firmness Settings
- Adjustable Head Positions
- Suitable for All Sleepers
- Uses Eco-friendly latex & Foam
- 180-Nights Sleep Trial
Saatva is a well-known brand within the mattresses industry and all its products meet high-quality standards.
- One of the most important features of this brand is that its firmness can be customized. With a remote in your hand, you can easily adjust how firm you ant your mattress to be.
- It offers good pressure relief and back support.
- It also helps regulate temperature well so that you do not sleep hot or sweat while sleeping.
- It also uses hypoallergenic materials and is supposed to be bacteria-free.
- Customer reviews are excellent for this brand.
- The only flip side I can think of is that it comes with a steeper price tag. Having said that, its features kind of make up for the price.
Solaire from Saatva has set a new benchmark in customizable mattresses. This is one hybrid that comes with memory foam, latex, coils and an air chamber to give you the ultimate in comfort. What’s even more interesting is that you can adjust the firmness of the bed according to your liking.
Let’s find out more about this mattress is constructed and what lies beneath the cover…
- The topmost layer is made up of an organic cotton pillow top which is highly breathable and helps improve airflow to ensure that you sleep cool.
- Next comes 5-zone Talalay latex which is great for providing pressure relief. This layer is quite buoyant and responsive.
- The next layer is Gel-Infused memory foam that not only ensures better temperature control but also helps in transition by spreading your bodyweight all over the mattress without making you sink too deep into it. It contours the body and also provides amazing support to the back.
- Next is a moisture barrier layer that is highly effective for preventing any kind of bacteria growth. This gives the sleepers a healthier environment to sleep on.
- Below this is a vulcanized air chamber that is highly adjustable. You can control air pressure that you need and adjust the firmness according to your need and liking with the help of a remote. This is an air chamber that supports your body from head to toe and edge to edge.
- Lastly, it comes in a power edge enclosure that reinforces support around the perimeter.
So far so good!
Saatva Solaire is a mattress that is the right choice for people who want to have a mattress that serves their customized needs. It can be a great option for almost everyone whether you are a back sleeper, side sleeper, heavy sleeper, and stomach sleeper.
- Uses all natural materials
- Handcrafted in the US
- No Synthetics
- 90-Nights Trail
- 15 Year Warranty
Eco Terra Bed is famous for its all-natural and organic mattresses that are free of all kinds of toxins and can help you sleep in comfort.
- This is a mattress that has been made with a lot of research and is perhaps unique in its construction.
- It is made for people who prefer to have all things natural.
- It is great for back sleepers, stomach sleepers, side sleepers, and heavy sleepers.
- No toxic material is used in its manufacturing.
- It comes with a 90-nights trial.
- It has received a lot of certifications for quality and has been getting excellent user reviews too.
- The only problem I can think of is that it is not such a great mattress for light sleepers. Such sleepers might find that it is too firm for them, especially if they sleep on their side.
Eco Terra Latex Hybrid Mattress comes in two options – Medium and Medium Firm and depending upon your likings and requirements you can choose one while buying this mattress.
Lets’ have a look at the construction and features of this mattress…
- The top cover of this mattress is made up of 100% cotton. Unlike other mattresses that come with woven cotton, Eco Terra comes with organic and stretched cotton to help sleepers experience the softest surface. Most users find this amazingly welcoming.
- The next layer is made up of 100% natural latex that not only molds to your body but also provides good support.
- Then comes a soft layer of GOTS certified organic wool that makes this mattress breathable and helps dissipate heat. It is highly effective in regulating temperature.
- The next layer is made up of premium crafted coils that not only add support but also eliminate motion transfer. Another positive is that it helps add bounce to the mattress making it suitable for couples that are sexually active.
It is called a natural mattress since it is made with:
- GOLS organic certified latex
- GOTS organic certified wool
- GOTS organic certified cotton and
- premium upcycles-steel coils
This is a mattress that does not use polyester, polyurethane foams, or toxic fire retardants in its manufacturing.
Let’s find out more about this mattress…
- It is a good choice for both back sleepers and stomach sleepers. It comes with an innerspring that provide enough support to back sleepers and contouring of latex foam helps relieve pressure from the lower spine. Strong steel coils and high-density foam also provides good support to stomach sleepers while keeping the spine neutrally aligned.
- Since this mattress comes with a good bounce, it is quite comfortable for combination sleepers as well who keep changing their positions while sleeping.
- It is a good choice for couples as well since it comes with a good bounce and low motion transfer.
- It is a great choice for heavy sleepers since it provides a lot of firmness particularly in the areas where the body is the heaviest. It provides great alignment of the spine for heavy sleepers too.
Eco Terra is certainly a good mattress that has won a lot of accolades for its high-quality and non-toxic manufacturing. It is entirely handcrafted in the US. If you prefer everything natural, this is the mattress that you can opt for. It comes with a 90 nights sleep trial (and a 30 nights break in period) and a 15-year limited warranty.
- Uses all Natural Materials
- Great Pressure Relief
- Suits Hot Sleepers Too
- 100-Nights Sleep Trial
- 25 Years Warranty
Plush Beds is one mattress that is a perfect choice for people who are looking for a particularly bouncy mattress or want to sleep cool since this is the mattress that is great at resisting body heat.
- PlushBeds is a perfect choice for side sleepers. This mattress comes with a soft comfort layer that helps relieve pressure. Not just this, it is great for lightweight sleepers, particularly the Medium variation. This is because the sinkage is good and it also provides them with good cradling support.
- One of the main benefits of Plushbeds is that the latex used in its construction is naturally cooling so that it is a great option for sweaty sleepers. It can certainly help them sleep cool and nice.
- You might miss the sinking feeling that you get on memory foam – If you opt for PlushBeds, you might actually miss the memory foam with its unmistakable sinking feel. Having said that, many people who are looking for more firmness are actually going to love this feature.
- Comes with a Higher Price Tag – This is a mattress that uses a lot of premium material in its construction whether it is certified organic latex, cotton, or wool. So, it comes with a higher price tag as compared to most of the other brands on the market.
If you are a fan of natural stuff, then Plush Beds is another mattress after Eco Tress that you can consider. Plush Beds not only caters to people looking for some great organic mattresses but also manufactures organic crib mattresses that are just great for infants and toddlers.
PlusBeds comes in a couple of variations that include Medium and Medium Firm (according to the firmness) and some of the thickness variants include those that are of 9 inches, 10 inches, and 12 inches.
Let’s get a bit deeper and find out more about this mattress…
- Layer 1 – The topmost layer of this mattress consists of GOTS certified cotton cover. It is important to highlight that the cotton cover is great in terms of breathability. It’s 100% natural and lets air pass through nicely.
- Layer 2 – The second layer is made up of 10 lbs of GOTS certified pure wool. This not only maintains temperature but also provides good pillowy support.
- Layer 3 – This layer is made up of GOTS certified Dunlop Latex and you get to choose the firmness at the checkout. You can choose according to your liking from among various levels of firmness ranging from soft, medium to medium-firm.
PlushBeds is a great option for people who want everything natural in their lives. It is definitely a premium product that such people can choose and comes in a couple of variations as far as firmness s concerned.
Best Beds of 2021 (According to Sleeping Position)
- 5 Levels of Contoured Support.
- Excellent Motion Isolation.
- Great for Couples.
- 18 Month Sleep Trial.
- Lifetime Warranty.
The Idel Gel Foam is a good mattress for side sleepers looking for good pressure relief and motion isolation.
- Excellent pressure relief.
- Enhanced breathability and gel-infused foam helps sleep cool.
- Provides better support because of a thicker support core.
- Provides excellent motion isolation.
- The cotton cover ensures better airflow.
- Great for couples.
- Unbeatable 18-month sleep trial.
- Even though it is cooler than most foam mattresses, people who sleep really hot may not find it the best option for themselves.
- Even though edge support is better than most memory foam mattresses, it is not the right choice for people looking for a mattress with sturdy edges.
- Not suitable for couples that are sexually active since it lacks bounce.
The Idle Gel Foam or simple The Idle is a mattress that is a perfect choice for side sleepers. What makes it unique is that it is at least 1 inch thicker than most other mattresses in the market and more importantly, it comes with 5 levels of contoured support along with a gel-infused layer to help you sleep cool and comfortable.
Let’s have a look at the construction of this mattress…
- First of all, it comes with a washable quilted cover that has the ability to regulate temperature well. What it means is that it helps you feel warm when you are cold and makes you feel cool when you are hot.
- Beneath the cover is a 100% cotton barrier that keeps you safe. It’s important to note that this mattress does not contain any dangerous, toxic or harmful materials that a lot of other mattresses come with.
- Below this cotton barrier lies a 3-inch Idle Cooling Buoyancy Foam, which is what creates the real magic. This is a highly responsive foam that is gel-infused. It not only provides much more pressure relief as compared to normal memory foam mattresses but also helps you sleep cool.
- The next layer is made up of a 2-inch thick transition foam layer that is highly effective at distributing your bodyweight all over the mattress. What makes it stand apart is that it has perforated holes in it which offers two main benefits – enhances breathability and increases responsiveness (the mattress regains its shape real fast when someone lies on it).
- The support core is made up of 7-inch thick high-density foam. It is at least 1 inch thicker than what most other competing brands on the market offer. Not just this, this foam is supposed to be at least 30% denser as compared to what other brands come with. This not only ensures better support but also makes the Idel Gel more durable.
- Below the support core is a layer of fireproof cloth. This is an extra feature that most mattresses do not come with.
- Last but not the least, is the base cover that is removable and washable which helps you keep your mattress spanking clean.
- This mattress is a perfect choice for side sleepers who weigh in between 130-230 pounds
- It is also suitable for back and stomach sleepers who are not more than 230 pounds heavy.
- Since it offers great motion isolation, it’s a good choice for couples too.
- It provides pressure relief and is suitable for people who suffer from shoulder and hip pain.
- This is a mattress that comes with 18 months sleep trial which is longer than any other brand offers. Thus, it is a great option for people looking for a mattress that has a long trial period.
Not Suitable for:
- Back and stomach sleeper who weight more than 230 pounds.
- Heavy sleepers looking for extra support.
- People looking for a mattress that has more bounce in it.
It is great for couples too who do not want to get disturbed when their partner moves or changes position while sleeping.
It comes with a year and a half long sleep trial coupled with a lifetime warranty.
- Great Back Support.
- Suits Hot Sleepers too.
- Free White Glove Delivery.
- 180 Days Sleep Trial.
- 20 Years Warranty.
The Idel Gel Foam is a good mattress for side sleepers looking for good pressure relief and motion isolation.
- Offers good back support.
- Good pressure relief.
- Decent motion isolation for most sleepers.
- Good breathability and suits hot sleepers.
- Highly durable.
- Lightweight sleepers may get disturbed when their partner moves on the bed.
- Lacks edge support.
- Even though it allows better movement than most foam mattresses, it lacks bounce. This is why it is not a preferable choice for sexually active couples.
Zenhaven from Saatva is a mattress that is one of the best choices for two kinds of people – those who prefer a natural/organic mattress as well as for those who are back sleepers.
This is a mattress that is constructed with 100% natural materials and is a great option for nature lovers. What it also means is that this mattress is free of all kinds of synthetic and toxic materials.
What is even more interesting is that Zenhaven is a flippable mattress that is soft on one side and firm on the other. Thus, it caters to a wide range of sleepers irrespective for their bodyweight.
Let’s have a look at the construction of this mattress…
- First of all, this mattress comes with a quilted organic cotton cover which is highly breathable. It can help you sleep cool. This cover on top comes with a gold damask trim. On top of this, the cotton cover is protected with GUARDIN®, which is a highly effective antimicrobial treatment so you can sleep in peace without worrying about microbes.
- Secondly, Zenhaven comes with an organic wool layer comprising of pure New Zealand wool. This layer not only increases breathability of the mattress but also helps also acts as a flame retardant,
- Thirdly, the support core of this mattress is made up of Talalay Latex that is 100% natural. This layer adds sturdy support to the mattress and ensures better spine alignment.
- Last but not the least, it comes with a 5-zone comfort layer that provides zoned support to the back, thereby giving maximum support to the lumbar region and offering ultimate pressure relief to the main pressure points in your body.
- This mattress is a perfect choice for back sleepers. It not only provides amazing lumbar support but also helps relieve pressure quite effectively irrespective of your body weight.
- This mattress is a great option for eco-conscious buyers. It uses high-quality 100% natural materials in its construction which also makes this mattress highly durable with a longer lifespan.
- Zenhaven is a perfect mattress for hot sleepers. It is highly breathable since Talalay latex ensures good airflow. Not just this, the organic cotton cover and a wool layer also add to the breathability of the mattress.
Not Suitable for:
- This mattress is not the right choice for people looking for a mattress that offers good edge support. This is an area in which it lacks and can give your impression as if you are rolling off the mattress.
- Heavy sleepers, particularly, side and stomach sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds may find excessive sinkage resulting in back and neck pain.
Zenhaven is a good mattress for back sleepers and it comes with a 180 nights sleep trial. Over and above, it comes with a 20 years warranty.
- Just right contouring with support.
- Highly Breathable.
- Great for Couples.
- 100 Nights Sleep Trial.
- 10 Years Warranty.
Purple is a brand that is unlike any and uses a unique construction feature to help you sleep in comfort.
- Provides good support.
- Great motion isolation.
- Highly breathable and suitable for hot sleepers.
- Allows good movement and is virtually noiseless.
- Is a great option for stomach, back and side sleepers.
- Suits all sleepers irrespective of their body weight.
- Does not all close body confirming and is not the correct choice for people seeking the classic hug feel.
- Comes with a higher price tag.
The Purple Grid is a one-of-a-kind exclusive feature that no other mattress has. Even though Purple offers a couple of models the one that is best suited for stomach sleepers is the Purple Hybrid Premier.
This is a mattress that tries to achieve a balance between body contouring and support that makes it suitable for almost all kinds of sleepers – stomach, side, and back! And it obviously is a great option for combination sleepers.
Over and above, Purple Hybrid Premier is a quite cool mattress and is a perfect choice for hot sleepers as well. This mattress comes in two options – 3″ and 4″ Purple Grid. If you are a stomach sleeper, you should opt for the 3″ Grid since the 4″ Grid allows for more sinkage.
Let’s have a look at the construction of the Purple Hybrid Premier (3″ Purple Grid)…
- On top of the mattress is the Stretch Max Cover that not only gives you a soft feel but is also highly breathable and allows great airflow. The fabric of this cover is made up of 67% polyester, 29% viscose and 4 Lycra Spandex, giving it a lot of stretch. It also has a no-slip bottom guard that is made up of 100% polyester.
- Below the cover is the 3-inch Purple Grid that is made from temperature-neutral hyper-elastic gel. The main feature of this grid is that it flexes directly under pressure points such as your hips and shoulders and also provides good support to the rest of the body. This grid is highly responsive as compared to the traditional memory foam. Not just this, it is highly breathable also which makes it a great option for hot sleepers.
- The next comes the transition layer comprised of a 1-inch thick layer of polyfoam. This layer not only distributes your bodyweight all over the mattress but also prevents your body from sinking too deep below into the pocketed coils.
- The support core of this mattress is made up of 7.5″ pocketed stainless steel coils that are highly responsive. It’s important to note that each coil is wrapped in noise-reducing fabric. This is a unique feature and it makes Purple Hybrid Premier one of the most silent hybrids. One of the unique features of this mattress is that it uses lower-gauge coils and thus, it is able to offer even more support than regular innerspring mattresses that come with higher-gauge coils. Not just this, it also provides good edge support, thereby increasing the usable surface area of the mattress.
- An excellent choice for stomach and back sleepers – This mattress not only provides good pressure relief but also provides amazing support which makes it an ideal mattress for both stomach and back sleepers
- Good for Side Sleepers – It ensures just the right amount of pressure relief which makes it suitable for side sleepers as well.
- It is an excellent choice for people who prefer a floating feel – One of the most important features of this mattress is that the Purple Grid buckles where pressure is exerted offering close confirmation while the rest of the surface remains firm and uniform. Thus, it gives a feel of sleeping “on” the mattress.
- Great for hot sleepers – Both the open grid as well as innerspring coil ensure great breathability. This is one of the coolest mattresses that I have tried and reviewed and it surely is a great option of those who sleep hot.
- Best suited for couples – This mattress offers great motion isolation for a hybrid. Not just this, it is fairly silent. Over and above, it has a good bounce. Thus, it is great for couples and also for those that are sexually active.
Not Suitable for:
- It is not the right choice for those looking for a mattress that allows more sinkage giving a feel of sleeping in the mattress.
- It certainly is not the right choice for looking for a hybrid on budget.
Purple Hybrid Premier is one mattress that is a perfect choice for almost all sleepers irrespective of their sleeping position ad body weight. It comes with a 100 Nights Sleep Trial and a 10 Year Warranty. If you are a strict stomach sleeper, I would highly recommend that you opt for this mattress (the 3-inch Purple Grid Option).
Best Mattress in 2021 (Material and Type)
Mattresses come in various kinds of constructions using different materials, foams, latex etc. Not just this, they also differ in terms of firmness, support etc.
Let’s check out what various kinds of mattresses based upon their material and types:
When it comes to mattresses, the most popular and of course, the well-known category is that of which is made with memory foam. If you ask an average sleeper what his mattress is made up of, he would probably answer in just two words – MEMORY FOAM. If you are someone who is a great fan of memory foam mattresses then you can check out the best memory foam mattresses 2021 by clicking here.
The main reason behind its popularity is that it hugs your body once you hit the bed and also provides good pressure relief.
When looking at the negatives, one of the main problems with memory foam mattresses is that they tend to make you sleep hot. However, this is a problem that seems to have been solved by most companies with the advancements in the construction technology which now use gels and open cell construction to allow more air to pass through so that their minimum heat retention.
In comparison, mattresses that use latex and coil are comparatively cooler.
You might think mattresses that are made with innerspring or coil are old-school but the fact of the matter is that such mattresses have a lot to offer. New and hybrid constructions now use coil and spring along with foam and other construction materials to help you get a mattress that conforms to your likings and needs.
As far as the coil is concerned, it is great in terms of cooling, edge support, and durability.
Here are some pros and cons:
If there is one construction material that hs gained extreme popularity over the past few years, its Latex. Now, there are a couple of reasons behind that.
First of all, latex does a great job at cooling. So, people who sweat a lot of may prefer a mattress that made up of latex. Secondly, it is extremely comfortable and finally, it is highly durable.
Latex comes in two major varieties – natural and synthetic. Natural latex is quite expensive but there is nothing else that can be more eco-friendly than it. Synthetic latex, on the other hand, is somewhat cheap but is compromises on the eco-friendly quotient.
Here are some pros and cons of latex mattresses:
Hybrid, as the name suggests, is made with a combination of two more types of materials and these are the kind of mattresses that have been picking ground lately and I see no reason why they should not.
The basic idea behind a hybrid is to have all the benefits of two or more materials while doing away with their negatives. The net result is far better than one single material being used.
Check out the list of Best Hybrid Mattresses 2021 I’ve reviewed
Types of Hybrids
Now, there can be various kinds of hybrids. Some of the are mentioned below:
The True Hybrid: This is a mattress that combines all three- coil, memory foam and latex. The combination of three is likely to give such mattresses great durability, good bounce, and cooling. You are also likely to experience good contouring and hug from foam.
Pillow Top: Now, this is a typical combination of coil and pillow top and it should be able to give you great comfort. It is excellent in relieving the pressure that are so typical or coil mattresses.
Foam Hybrids: These mattresses are made with various combinations of foam materials and do not have any coil spring in them. One of the best examples of such hybrids is the one made with synthetic latex and memory foam. The top layer is actually made up of latex while memory foam constitutes the second layer.
As the mane suggests, these are the mattresses that are made with organic or natural materials. They are a step towards moving away from synthetic materials and avoid any kind of chemical use. Such mattresses are organic and eco-friendly in nature.
However, as you move towards the natural or organic category, the price tag is likely to get higher and higher. This is because 100% organic or natural materials turn out to be expensive as compared to synthetic materials.
Such mattresses are made with plant-based memory foam and non-synthetic latex. They also use coil with organic pillow top.
There are a couple of brands that are synonymous with the tag “organic” and they are famous for their premium quality and comfort.
What to Look for in a Mattress?
Buying a mattress is an important decision since you must be able to sleep well. Good quality sleep is so essential for good health. Moreover, you do not buy a mattress every other day, week, month or even year. What you buy today is something that you will have to stick to for a couple of years and maybe even decades. So, you must choose wisely and select that is best suited to your needs, for that you must read the best mattresses of 2021 reviews.
Here is some criteria that can help:
The bottom line is What can you afford?
The mattress that you buy must be within your budget. Now, there could be a huge difference in between various kinds of mattresses depending upon their construction as well as branding. Typically, foam mattresses turn out to be cheaper as compared to those that are made with latex or are hybrid in nature.
Mattresses that are made with organic or natural materials also come with an expensive price tag.
Different people sleep in different positions. Some of them are back sleepers while others could be side sleepers, stomach sleepers, etc. Whatever position you prefer to sleep in, you must choose your mattress accordingly.
People who are side sleepers should choose from a mattress that is either Medium Soft or Medium Firm.
Those that are back sleepers may choose from Medium to Firm.
Stomach sleepers, on the other hand, usually prefer Medium Firm to Firm since such mattresses provide more support and are great for aligning the spine.
Type of Mattress
You can choose from different types of mattresses that include:
- Memory foam
- Hybrid or
You can also choose the mattresses according to the kind of contouring that you want from your mattress. If deep conforming is what you desire then you should opt for a mattress that is made of memory foam. On the other hand, if you are seeking moderate contouring then you should look for a mattress that is made of latex or polyfoam.
Quality of Materials
You must keep in mind that All good things cost money!
So, you should look out what kind of materials being used in the construction of the mattress. If a company is trying to cut corners in its construction, it may offer you mattresses at a low price but it won’t last long. Such a mattress is likely to be worn out quickly and might require an early replacement.
Thus, you must opt for a mattress that is manufactured with sturdy and superior quality materials. That what it makes the best mattress in the world.
One of the most important factors to keep in mind while buying a mattress is its firmness. You should choose one that you feel comfortable while sleeping in. Apart from your sleeping position, your body weight is also likely to play a role here. Heavy sleepers usually prefer firmer beds so that they not just get more support but also avoid getting sunk into the bed.
Lightweight people, on the other hand, do not need that much support and prefer something soft to sleep in.
Yet another important thing to consider while buying a mattress is that it should be able to provide good pressure relief in certain parts of your body such as hips, neck, shoulders, lower back, and spine, etc. The basic idea is that you sleep well and do not wake up sore and achy.
There are mattresses that can be highly effective at relieving pressure from certain body parts while ensuring good spinal alignment, joint support, and comfort.
If you sleep with a partner, pet, or even your kids, then you should choose a mattress that comes with good motion isolation. This is because a mattress with poor motion isolation can disturb your sleep if your partner moves or changes position while sleeping.
Ease of Sex
Combination sleepers and people have an active sex life prefer having a mattress that allows easy movement on the bed. They would prefer their mattress to be more responsive rather than one that makes them feel sunk into the bed. Latex and hybrid beds are supposed to be a great choice for such people.
Usually, mattresses are supposed to have their weakest point near their perimeter. However, there are some mattresses that come with great edge support. Heavy sleepers usually prefer such mattresses that come with good edge support. Hybrid and latex mattresses provide better edge support as compared to memory foam.
If you are one of those sleepers who sweat a lot of and wake up in the middle of the night feeling hot, then you should be looking for a mattress that keeps you cool and is great at regulating temperature.
Memory foam tends to make you feel hot while latex can help you sleep cool. A lot of mattresses now use the cooling gel in their construction to regulate temperature and enhance breathability so that you can sleep cool.
Last, but not the least, you don’t want to sleep on a mattress that makes a lot of noise. This is particularly true in the case of mattresses that use coil in their construction. However, modern hybrids that use various materials usually take care of the noise factor quite nicely. Foam and latex beds are also supposed to be noise-free.
How Firm Should Your Mattress Be in 2021?
One of the most important factors to take into account while buying a mattress is its firmness. It’s a matter of personal choice and comfort. There isn’t anyone firmness level that suits all. Different people prefer a different kind of firmness depending upon their sleeping position, body weight, active or non-active lifestyle.
Here’s a 1-10 scale to help you understand how firmness is usually rated and understood:
It is important to mention that mattresses at the far end of this table ie., 1-2 and 9-10 are not preferred by most people and they are actually very hard to find. Companies do not really manufacture them since there’s almost no demand for them.
What firmness level do people prefer?
More often than not, people choose between Medium (5) to Medium Firm (6) so that they not only get enough support but can also vary their position easily in bed. This range of firmness usually satisfies most people except for those that are heavyweight and want extra support and firmness in their mattress.
I would also like to point out that most hotels use mattresses within the firmness range of 5 and 6.
Firmness By Sleeping Position and Body Weight:
Even though firmness that you choose is a matter of personal preference, your body weight and sleeping position are two critical factors at play since they determine the kind of pressure that you exert on the mattress while sleeping.
Let’s delve a bit deeper into it and see what different people prefer according to their weight and sleeping position:
Simple Steps to Choose Firmness of Your Mattress
More often than not, people like you and me get confused as to what firmness level should we choose. Here are some simple steps that can help:
- How Do You Feel On Your Current Mattress – To begin with, you must take a clue from your current mattress. If you feel it is soft for you then you should consider buying something that is more firm and if you feel it is hard for you then you should opt for a mattress that is somewhat softer. Having said that, you can also choose to put a mattress topper on top of your mattress if you do not want to spend a few hundred dollars in a new mattress.
- Take A Clue from the Hotel Bed – Now, this one is for those people who have recently slept in a hotel bed. Most hotels usually keep Medium to Medium Mattresses. You can take a clue from this and if you feel it is right for you then choose a Medium or Medium Firm mattresses. Otherwise, you can vary the firmness accordingly.
- Try Visiting a Mattress Store – One of the best ways is to visit a mattress store and find out what kind of firmness you should go for. Try to lie down on a mattress for a few minutes to find out what suits you and what you really need. However, you don’t have to purchase the mattress from the store and nobody can complete you to do so. Compare the prices and other features online before placing your order.
- Opt for a Reversible Firmness Design – Even after taking the above steps you are not sure of what you want, then it is better to opt for a mattress that offers a design that comes with two kinds of firmness and is reversible in nature. For instance, it could be soft from the top and harder or firmer from the bottom and can be used from both sides.
More importantly, you need to keep in mind that when you online, most companies offer a trial for at least 100 nights. There are some that have a trial period of 365 nights so that you can change or replace your mattress if you are not satisfied or happy with it.
Sleeping Positions and How They Matter
Even though I have mentioned above that sleeping position and body weight are some of the major factors that need to taken into account while selecting a mattress, here’s a little more on how your sleeping position is important:
The human body is designed in a way that the widest areas of your body include shoulders and hips. What it means is that while you sleep on your side these two areas are likely to exert greater pressure on the mattress and the joints in these body parts are likely to become pain points.
It’s also important to note that if the mattress is too soft and these body parts get sunk too deep into the bed, then your spine is not going to be in neutral alignment and this is going to put extra pressure on the spine.
- For side sleepers under 130 pounds – People who are lightweight have the same pressure points but they are less likely to sink deep into the mattress. This is why they can do with a softer mattress and more cushioning.
- For those between 130 and 230 pounds – Such people are more susceptible to sink into the mattress as compared to people who weigh less, thus, it’s best for them to opt for Medium Soft to Medium Firm so that they not only get enough support and their spine remains neutrally aligned but also experience pressure relief.
- For people over 230 pounds – People in this weight range need a firmer mattress so that their shoulders and hips do not get sagged deeper into the mattress. Such people should opt for a Medium to the Firm mattress.
Your spine has a slight natural curve in the lower back and this part is known as the lumbar spine. Now, this part of this is particularly prone to pain if it doesn’t get enough support.
There has to be a delicate balance of softness and firmness in order to avoid pain in the lower back in case of back sleepers. What I mean is that if your lower back gets sunk too deep into the mattress or if it does not get enough cushioning then you are likely to experience pain in your back. This is why back sleepers usually prefer Medium to Firm mattresses.
We’ve also covered: best mattresses for back pain in 2021
- For back sleepers under 130 pounds – People who are lightweight actually prefer mattresses on the softer side of Medium to Firm because they are not that prone to getting sunk into the bed as compared to heavier folks.
- For those between 130 and 230 pounds – For such people, the best option is Medium Firm or Firm since they provide good support and just the right cushioning so that they do not experience any lower back pain.
- For those over 230 pounds – This is the category of people who should be better off with a firmer mattress so that they do not get sunk into the bed. Such people should choose a Firm mattress.
As compared to back sleepers, stomach sleepers are at an even greater risk of suffering from back pain if their bellies get sunk deeper into the mattress and their spine getting out of alignment. Another to point consider here is that stomach sleepers don’t actually seek a mattress that comes with a lot of hug since it can make them feel suffocated or affect their breathing.
- For stomach sleepers under 130 pounds – Since such people are lightweight, they can do well with a mattress that is firm but not to a greater degree. Medium soft or Medium-firm is actually the perfect choice for them.
- For those between 130 and 230 pounds – As their weight is more than the lightweight guys, they definitely need more firmness in their mattress. Such people can opt for Medium Firm to Firm in order to avoid any kind of extra pressure on their spine.
- For those over 230 pounds – Heavyweight people can use a firmer mattress, preferably Medium Firm to Extra Firm to help them sleep without experiencing any kind of pain in their lower back.
How to choose a mattress if you are a combination sleeper or keep changing your position while sleeping?
People that keep changing their sleeping positions are referred to as Combination sleepers or Rotisserie sleepers. Like other sleepers, such guys can also be any bodyweight – light, medium, or heavy.
So, how should they choose their mattress?
Well, the simplest way to go about is to determine their primary sleeping position and then make a choice accordingly.
There are a couple of mattresses that are just great for combination sleepers. They offer good bounce so that they can adjust their position easily while sleeping. Not just this, they also come with excellent motion isolation so that their partners do not get disturbed when they change their position while sleeping.
Mattress Company Pricing and Policies
Though it is important to choose a mattress according to its type and sleeping position, there are a couple of other factors that play a pivotal role in your ultimate decision to buy a good mattress.
It is important to know and understand what the company’s policies are with regards to warranty, replacement, etc. before you take the plunge so that you are not in for a rude shock when if you actually do not find the mattress according to our liking. In short, you need to find the best place to buy a mattress and we’ll help you.
The best part, however, is that online shopping has made most mattress companies more customer-friendly.
Nonetheless, it’s important to check out their policies related to shipping, returns, refunds, warranties, and pricing.
One of the most important factors the determines your choice is the price of the mattress. It’s not like that highest rated mattress may have a high price tag, it totally depends on the quality and material.Hybrid Mattress
Typically, hybrid mattresses are the costliest ones barring a few others. They can cost you within the range of $1500-$2000. This kind of mattress is usually preferred by people who want a good bounce in the bed. Not just this, people who want to sleep cool and sweat a lot also prefer hybrid mattresses. People who want to get pressure relief also prefer hybrids.
Last, but not the least, good edge support is another feature of such mattresses that makes it appealing to a wide range of people.Latex Mattresses
A latex mattress can make you shell out anywhere between $1600 to $2000. It’s not inexpensive either. Such mattresses are a perfect choice for young couples who want an extra bounce in their beds. People who are sexually active prefer latex beds. Usually, people who want only mild contouring opt for this kind of a mattress.Memory Foam
A memory foam mattress can cost you within the range of $900-$1500. They are popular for the “hug Feel” that they ensure. People who need good motion isolation opt for this kind of a mattress. Not just this, it also preferred for being noise-free.Polyfoam
This kind of a mattress does not have coil components and it is usually within the range of $900-$1300. Polyfoam mattresses are the first choice of people looking for a greater degree of pressure relief or people seeking more motion isolation. Value seekers also opt for this kind of a mattress.Innerspring or Coil
A coil mattress can cost you anywhere between the range of $300-$1100 and is highly preferred by budget shoppers. People who are not concerned about pressure relief or who want to put an extra mattress topper on their bed prefer such mattresses. A coil mattress is supposed to be quite bouncy too but it makes a lot of noise. So, if you don’t mind the noise, it is an option that you may consider.
Most companies sell their mattresses as “mattress in a box” these days. What it means is that the mattress is shipped to your doorstep in a box and when you open the packaging, the mattress gets expanded to its normal size. Shipping is usually free in most parts of the US, except for a few states and areas. This is what you need to check carefully before placing your order.
A lot of companies provide good support as far as setting up your mattress is concerned. They send their team to set up the mattress and take away the old one. Now, in most cases, this service is likely to be free but there are merchants that are going to charge you for this. So, you need to check this out well in advance so that there are no surprises later.
Sleep Trials and Returns
Sleep Trial is one of the most important features of such mattresses being sold online. Most companies offer a 100-nights sleep trial but there are top mattress brands in even 2021 that stretch this trial period to as much as 365 nights or a complete one year.
It is important to note that most companies would want you to use the mattress for at least 30 days before you can actually lay your claim for return or refund.
Even though you can easily return the mattress if you are not happy with the results, there are certain charges that may not be refundable. For instance, charges for faster delivery or white-glove delivery are non-refundable.
Moreover, when you ask for a refund, the company may take away your mattress or may ask you to drop it at a nearby location as a donation.
You need to check out the warranty clause very carefully or you might be in for a surprise. Usually, a warranty covers manufacturing defects of the mattress and they do not cover any damage that may occur because of normal wear and tear. Also, companies may not cover damages occurring because of any spills, etc.
Promotions and Discounts
While most companies list the MRP, it is important to note that most online companies provide discounts and extra promotions every now and then, which is the case with offline sales too.
Now, you may get a direct discount on the price or you may get certain freebies such as pillows and sheets with your order, or may even get both (discount as well as freebies). They are usually displayed quite prominently on the website so that you can claim them.
Buying a mattress is an important decision since it is a matter of comfort and also a decision that you will have to stick to for at least a couple of years. You can choose one of the world’s best mattresses in 2021 from the list mentioned above so that you can get a good night’s sleep!